Spring Cleaning Safety Tips
It’s that time of year again. This is a time when many of us choose to do our annual Spring cleaning! If you are getting ready to go on a cleaning binge, be sure to take precautions before you begin.
Many cleaning supplies contain dangerous chemicals!
Here are some tips to keep you safe:
- Declutter before cleaning. Clear any objects that you could trip over.
- Go mild. Limit the use of harsh cleaning or disinfectant products.
- NEVER mix products containing chlorine bleach with any of those containing ammonia for cleaning or doing laundry.
- Read the label on cleaning products for proper use and safety precautions.
- Be sure your cleaning area is properly ventilated. Opening windows and doors or run a fan.
- Wear a mask if you have allergies or breathing issues.
- Protect your skin by wearing gloves while using household cleaners.
- Use a mop rather than working on your hands and knees, which could cause sprains and strains.
- Allow freshly cleaned floors to dry before walking on them to prevent slips and falls.
- Store all cleaning products in a safe, clean and dry space to keep them away from children and pets.
- Use a step stool (safely) to get to unreachable surfaces. Don’t climb on counters or dining room chairs to get to high places.
- Lift with caution. Ask for help and use your legs to do your heavy lifting, not your back.
- Stay hydrated. Spring cleaning is great exercise, so drink plenty of water and take rest breaks.
Are you getting ready to spring clean your lab or warehouse facility?
Ingenium can help. The trained professionals at Ingenium are ready to assist you with cleaning out your warehouse and all your other waste management needs.
Contact us for more information.
Back to Blog