Ingenium is recruiting for Commercial Drivers that have a Class B or Class A License with Airbrake, Hazmat and Tanker Endorsements!
Why YOU want to work with Ingenium-
- $5,000 SIGNING BONUS FOR DRIVERS
- Competitive hourly wages
- We love to promote from within- Ingenium has great opportunities to grow within the company
- HAZWOPER certified preferred, but paid on the job training available for qualified applicants
- Flexible schedules- 4×10 shifts
- Employee Incentive Program
- Employer paid Medical, Dental, Vision, Long Term Disability and Life Insurance Benefits
- PTO, Sick and Holiday pay
- Employer paid Costco membership
- Extremely subsidized 24-Hour Fitness Membership
- Local and OTR routes
- Company Uniforms
- Immaculate Fleet of Company Trucks
At Ingenium, we pride ourselves on being the industry leader in providing sustainable hazardous waste management solutions. We go beyond traditional transportation and disposal with a commitment to be a responsive and accountable partner to our clients by working together to increase sustainability and reduce cost and liability in every possible area.
Ingenium has been one of the fastest growing companies for the past seven years and we want YOU to join our rapidly expanding team!
The Driver/ Technician is charged with independently carrying out routine hazardous waste disposal projects and onsite services. He is charged with safely operating Ingenium’s transport vehicles and other equipment while working with hazardous and non-hazardous materials, ensuring adherence to local, state, and federal regulations. The Driver/ Technician is often the individual who directly interfaces with the clientele during projects.
- Duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Performance of field work to include waste consolidation, lab packs, chemical relocations, decontaminations, and other industry-related projects
- Perform routed pickups for waste/ materials of all types and hazards.
- Safe operation of company equipment at all times.
Driver/ Technicians spend a large percentage of their time packaging and transporting hazardous and biological waste shipments. They must ensure all shipment are properly packaged, marked and labeled, and manifested per state and federal regulations. Technicians oversee load transfers between vehicles and at disposal facilities to ensure all packages are accounted for.
- Driver/ Technicians perform onsite services at various locations. This involves the collection of hazardous and biological wastes from laboratory areas and the safe consolidation of these wastes in a centralized location. They ensure that containers that are returned to the labs are properly labeled to meet local, state, and federal regulations.
- Driver/ Technicians also assist Chemists and Project Managers in other hazardous materials projects where chemicals need to be inventoried and packaged for disposal or relocation.
- Driver/ Technicians will perform other duties as assigned such as projects involving decontaminating lab equipment and areas, and assisting with inventory and equipment upkeep.
- Administrative tasks and paperwork as it relates to the following:
- Transportation of hazardous materials (manifests, bills of lading, medical waste tracking documents, others).
- Driver hours of service records including driver logs, 100-mile radius logs.
- Daily vehicle inspection records (if assigned to drive a vehicle).
Qualifications and Experience
- Class A, B, or C Commercial Driver’s License. Air Brake and Hazardous Materials endorsements required.
- Clean DMV Driving Report
- Must pass pre-employment physical, respirator fit-test and drug-screening
- 0 – 3 years of experience in the Environmental/ Hazardous Waste Industry
- Good communication skills
- Courteous, attentive, and punctual
- Demonstrate an understanding of safe work practices while working with chemical, radiological, and biological agents
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy
- Trustworthy, honest, respectful, and flexible
Drivers use time to their advantage. They schedule specific times to complete tasks, avoid procrastinating, prioritize their tasks in line with department deadlines and goals, start their most difficult tasks first thing in the morning, follow up on requests, and use downtime for planning and preparation. They break up projects into specific action steps and keep the process moving. They keep organized records for quick reference when completing tasks. A large part of time management for employees is to understand the scope of a project before beginning work on it. Top employees understand their tasks, why they are performed, and how they fit into the big picture.
Performs job in a manner that minimizes hazards to oneself, others, as well as the environment. Keeps work areas clean and safe and takes action to remove or remediate safety hazards in own work area and within the organization. Follows appropriate hazardous waste management procedures. Knows the departmental emergency plans for fires, disasters and campus emergencies. Recognizes and acknowledges safe behaviors exhibited by co-workers. Regularly communicates safety and environment awareness as a priority.
Considers impact on environment as practices and procedures are developed and work is delegated.
Drivers have strong communication skills. They provide regular updates to their managers and communicate the status of their projects to both managers and coworkers. If they discover an issue, they ask for help when necessary and present potential solutions while discussing with their manager. They have strong verbal and written communication skills and are adept and knowing which form of communication should be used in each situation.
Cares about customer needs and meets customer’s expectations. Responds to issues in order of priority, timely and accurately. Enhances client service delivery systems and processes. Anticipates clients’ upcoming needs and concerns.
As a team member, the ability and desire to work cooperatively with others on a team.
Performs tasks precisely and according to standards and procedures, and without errors. Proof reads work produced and/or checks products and services delivered thoroughly before handing it on to others, in order to eliminate waste. Maintains complete and precise records of work produced. Evaluates all data used in producing work thoroughly, in order to ensure reliability and accuracy. When issues present themselves, consults with others in order to ensure he/she has resolved them in the appropriate way. Enhances and/or maintains quality and service.
Education and Required Licenses/Certifications
- 40hr HAZWOPER certified
- DOT Hazardous Materials Handler certified
- Forklift certified
- Clean DMV Driving Report
- Must pass pre-employment physical, respirator qualification test and drug-screening
- Able to lift 40 pounds
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential function of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time. This may include warm, hot or cold temperatures. The noise level in the work environment is moderate.
As a non-exempt hourly employee, the employee shall work a designated schedule as assigned
by management. Employee shall not work over 40 hours per week without prior authorization from management but if so, will earn overtime for any work performed in excess of 40 hours per
week. Employee must also follow company’s policies regarding required meal breaks.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Ingenium is an equal opportunity employer and reviews applications for employment without regard to the applicant’s race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, marital status, military status, veteran status, sexual orientation, disability, or medical condition or any other reason prohibited by law. If you would like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click here. https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
Please view our available job descriptions, locations and how to apply on our website, https://www.pureingenium.com/careers/.
Are you IN ? Apply today!